Hello friends, let’s make this super easy recipe for Baked Oatmeal Cups today, and what’s better, they are filled with a creamy Chocolate Condensed Milk filling!
These Baked Oatmeal Cups with chocolate filling are the perfect baking project to make with the kids! It’s easy and fun!
I made these Baked Oatmeal Cups with my 4 year old son Luke.
They were very simple to make, and with my instructions, and help measuring everything, my son did pretty much everything by himself.
First, mix the dough ingredients until combined.
Second, mix the chocolate filling ingredients and microwave for 45 seconds to melt them together.
Third, spoon some dough on the bottom of the baking cups. We made them in silicone cups, and also in the regular cupcake pan because we only had a few silicone molds.
Make sure to grease the cupcake pan, or use cupcake liners to make it easy to remove the cups.
Fourth step, spoon some of the chocolate filling on top of the dough.
And finally on the fifth step, just sprinkle some of the dough on top.
On the ones my son baked, he simply sprinkled the dough on top of the chocolate filling like a crumble. However, you can also grab some dough between your hands and flatten it into a disk and place on top of the chocolate filling like a lid, to make a smooth top.
My son and I have been baking together since he could sit up. He loves helping me in the kitchen, and lately he has been taking over tasks, and pretty much doing things on his own.
And lately we have been having a lot of time to bake together. It’s such a great opportunity to teach him skills like pouring, mixing, measuring. As well as developing his motor skills, as he learns to arrange the dough in the cups for example, or as he learns what is the right amount of filling to put in.
Baking with our kids is a great opportunity for bonding, and learning together.
Here are some of the other recipes we’ve made together:
- Carrot Cake Donuts
- Peanut Butter Donuts
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- Dinner Rolls
- Ginger Cookies
- Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies
Plus many others, you can see some videos and also pictures of us baking those recipes together!
Anyway, I know you want to hear more about the delicious filling made with Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk. This Chocolate filling is creamy and velvety. Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk is made of only milk and sugar, and it gives an incredible texture to baked goods and desserts! What else could you ask for!
If you’ve been here on the blog for a while you sure know how much I love condensed milk in my desserts, I have an extensive list of goodies made with Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Here are some of the condensed milk recipes I have on my blog. (And if you want to see more, just type Condensed Milk on the search bar!)
- Walnut Chocolate Cake
- Coconut Fudge
- No-Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Dulce de Leche Truffles
- Nutella Fudge
- No-Bake Flan
Thank you so much for reading my blog. If you make these Baked Oatmeal Cups filled with Chocolate don’t forget to tag me and Eagle Brand® on Instagram!
Baked Oatmeal Cups filled with Chocolate
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a cupcake pan.
- For the cookie dough, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, the chocolate, and the butter to a bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the dough to the bottom of the cupcake pan and press it down.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate filling on top of the dough.
- Top with another tablespoon of dough. You can sprinkle it on top, to give it a crumble look, or press it gently with your hands to form a smooth lid.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cups are golden brown.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
- Store the Oatmeal Cups in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Feel free to add chopped nuts to the cookie dough, about 1/4 cup of your favorite nuts.