Hello friends! Today let’s make this super easy, impressive, and delicious No-Bake Pistachio Pie. It features an Oreo crust, a rich and creamy filling, and you will absolutely love it!
For this No-Bake Pistachio Pie, I made a crumbly Oreo crust, which compliments the creamy filling texture. And the chocolate also goes so well with the pistachio taste.
When making the Oreo crust, you only have to mix Oreo cookie crumbs with melted butter. I process my Oreo cookies with the filling and everything in the food processor, and then add the melted butter and mix it all together.
Make sure the texture of the crust is wet, and clumping together if you pinch some of the crumbs between your fingers.
And after pressing the crumbs on the bottom of your tart or pie pan, you have the option of placing it in the freezer, in order to firm up the crust, or you can bake it for 10 minutes in 350ºF oven until set.
Of course if you bake the crust, this will no longer be a no-bake pistachio pie recipe, but you don’t have to bake the crust at all. Baking the Oreo crust will provide a bit more structure and make it less crumbly when it’s time to serve the pie. However, it will absolutely work by just placing it in the freezer and letting it chill.
Now we get to the filling part! The pistachio filling in this No-Bake Pistachio Pie is absurdly delicious, you will want to eat it with a spoon! To make it, you will need some pistachio paste. You can get pistachio paste at the store, or online, but you can easily make your own, and all you need are pistachios, water, and a food processor.
Here is my recipe for Pistachio Paste. This stuff is amazing! So easy to make, and so versatile, you can use is as a nut butter, to spread on toast, or to make desserts such as this Pistachio Pie.
To make the filling, you will need white chocolate. And here’s a remark I want to make about the white chocolate. Please make sure to use good quality white chocolate. Either get the baking white chocolate bars, or some high quality white chocolate chips such as Callebaut.
Most white chocolate chips sold at the store aren’t actual real white chocolate. To be considered real white chocolate, they must have over 20% of cocoa butter. Callebaut has 28%, and usually the white chocolate baking bars also have over 20%.
This is important because the white chocolate chips might seize, not melt properly, and separate as you try to melt them and add them to the recipe.
Before consuming this No-Bake Pistachio Pie, make sure to place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours, so the filling can become firm and creamy.
Here are some more recipes you may like:
- Cookies and Cream Pie
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
- Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
- Chocolate Dulce de Leche Pie
- White Chocolate Cheesecake
And today’s recipe was a collaboration with other awesome bloggers, to bring our lovely readers some ideas of No-Bake recipes for the upcoming hot summer months! Take some time to check out their amazing recipes!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Sugar Salt Magic
Peanut Butter Bars from Katiebird Bakes
No Bake Cheesecake Bars from Love in My Oven
Lemon Raspberry Icebox Cake from This Celebrated Life
Butterfinger Pie from The Itsy-Bitsy Kitchen
These are all amazing, and I can’t wait to try them myself!
Thank you so much for reading today’s post! If you make this recipe please consider leaving a review below, as it helps my blog and other readers! And also tag me on instagram, I love to see your beautiful creations!
No-Bake Pistachio Pie
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted (2 oz, 56 grams)
- 2 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs 11.6 oz, 330 grams*
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate 6 oz, 170 grams
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 120 ml
- 1 cup cream cheese softened (8 oz, 226 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar 2.1 oz, 62 grams
- 1 cup pistachio paste
(link to the recipe)
- Mix the Oreo crumbs with the melted butter, then press the mixture on the bottom of a 8” or 9” pie or tart dish.
- You have two options, place the crust in the freezer for 2 hours, or bake the crust. By baking the crust, you ensure it won’t be as crumbly, and it won’t fall apart as you serve it. Placing the crust in the freezer instead of baking will most definitely work, however, if you would like a crust that will hold up nicely, bake it for 10 minutes on pre-heated 350ºF oven. Again, this step is NOT necessary, it just ensures a better structure to the crust.
- If you do bake the crust, let it cool down before filling it.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate by microwaving it for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream until you achieve stiff peaks, which should take about 2 minutes at medium-high speed with an electric mixer.
- Set the heavy cream aside.
- Whip the cream cheese for 2 minutes until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. Raise the speed to medium-high and cream for 1 minute.
- Add the pistachio paste to the mixture and cream for another minute, until incorporated.
- Add the cooled down white chocolate to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Make sure the mixture is smooth and the ingredients are fully incorporated by scraping the bowl constantly while whipping all of these ingredients together.
- Once you are sure the mixture is fully incorporated, add the whipped cream to the bowl, and use a spatula to gently fold it all together.
- Pour the creamy pistachio mixture on the bottom of the crust.
- Use a spatula to smooth it out, and spread it evenly.
- Place it in the fridge for 6 hours before serving.
- You can decorate the top by drizzling melted chocolate, or sprinkling chopped pistachios, chocolate chips, or whatever comes to mind. You can even whip some more heavy cream to pipe on top.
- This pie will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Oreo crumbs: you will need about 30 Oreos (with filling).
White Chocolate: Please make sure to use good quality white chocolate. Look for white chocolate baking bars, or white chocolate chips that have over 20% cocoa butter in the ingredients. Most store-bought white chocolate chips are not actually real white chocolate and won’t work well for this recipe. Callebaut makes white chocolate chips that have 28% cocoa butter in them, and you can find it online. It’s my go-to for baking.
Pistachio Paste: Here is my recipe, it only uses pistachios and water, and it’s super easy to make! The recipe makes for exactly 1 cup, which is what we use in this recipe.