Hello dear friends! Today we are making this super delicious and easy recipe for Coconut Chocolate Bars!
This post is sponsored by Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed milk, aka my favorite condensed milk brand! All opinions are my own!
Lately we have been doing this awesome campaign which is about Baking with Kids at home. And if you follow my blog you know my son has been baking with me since he could sit up and hold a spatula.
Anyway, we have developed all these super easy recipes in very quick steps, so you can make them at home with your kids, to keep them entertained, teach them about math, measuring, science, and all those good things that can be learned from the fun experience of baking and cooking!
Here is how easy these Coconut Chocolate Bars are to make.
They are so easy that my 4 year old did almost everything by himself, once everything was measured.
So basically you have to make a graham cracker crust, which will be topped with chopped soft caramel candies, and shredded coconut.
Then, pour the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed milk on top and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden on top.
After removing the pan from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips right on top and let them sit for a couple of minutes. They will melt, and then you can use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate all over the surface of the bars.
While the chocolate is still wet, you can sprinkle some coconut on top.
And then let the bars rest for a few hours before cutting.
If you are putting these Coconut Chocolate Bars in the fridge overnight, make sure to remove them a little while before cutting, just because they might be a bit harder to remove from the pan. I actually had to place my pan on top of some warm water, because the sides were sticking once they got solid in the fridge.
Also, feel free to add chopped nuts to the filling, something like pecans could taste quite delicious with these bars.
These Coconut Chocolate Bars are absolutely chewy, gooey, and amazing. They are really indulgent, and a fantastic treat!
Here are some other easy treats and recipes with condensed milk you can enjoy:
- Carrot Cake Donuts
- Dulce de Leche Fudge
- Brigadeiro Recipe
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- Coconut Fudge
- Key Lime Brigadeiros
- Baked Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Filling
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Nutella Fudge
Thank you for being here today! I hope you enjoy these Coconut Chocolate Bars. If you make them make sure to tag me on instagram, and leave me a comment below about your experience! I love hearing from you!
Coconut Chocolate Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped soft caramel candy
- 14 oz. Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×9” pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter and press it onto the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the coconut and the chopped caramel candy on top.
- Pour the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk on top.
- Bake on the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden on top and around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and let it sit for a minute so the chips will melt. Then spread the melted chocolate all over the surface with a spatula. Top with more shredded coconut if desired.
- Let it cool completely before cutting and serving.
Feel free to add more ingredients such as chopped nuts to the filling part.
Keep the bars in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Top the bars with toasted coconut, or chopped nuts while the chocolate is still melted.