Today I bring a recipe for your Vegan Christmas. This perfect Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie.
This Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie features an amazing macadamia crust. I topped it with some whipped coconut cream and cranberries.
As usual, this is also paleo, gluten-free, and extremely hard to resist.
Think about it this way, this vegan pie has a sweet and sooooo creamy filling, with hints of orange, the nutty rich taste of the macadamias, and the tart delicious cranberry jam swirled in. What’s not to like?
Check out how creamy this filling is!
The macadamia crust is so rich and chewy too.
Simply process the ingredients for the crust in the food processor.
Then press the crust down on the bottom and up the sides of a tart pan or pie plate.
After doing that, you may chill the crust in the freezer. And meanwhile, you can make the filling.
Once you pour the filling over the crust, you can spoon the vegan/paleo cranberry jam on top.
And after doing that, you can use a spatula or knife to swirl the jam around the filling.
Let the pie chill in the freezer for a few hours, or preferably overnight.
It will get really creamy and delicious, I promise you.
This Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie is the creamiest most delicious pie ever.
It has a “cashew-cake” base. So this could even be called a vegan cheesecake pie. We are used to calling “cashew-cake” vegan cheesecake, and I gotta say I kind of disagree with it. Because there’s no cheese in it. But what’s in it, it’s cashews.
Anyway, for SEO reasons (that means Search Engine Optimization, so people can find my recipes when they type something on google), we have to refer to it still as vegan cheesecake, so people that are searching for recipes can find mine.
And that’s fine, I’m cool with that for now, as long as someday we recognize the amazing powers of cashews in making the creamy base that make for so many delicious desserts. Check out my desserts that use a “cashew-cake” base. They are all vegan and paleo.
- Matcha Vegan Cheesecake
- Fig and Pistachio Vegan Cheesecake
- Strawberry Vegan Cheesecake
- Vegan Peanut Butter Tarts
Thank you for reading today’s recipe.
I will leave you with one last picture of this creamy and delicious Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie.
This page contains affiliate links. Which means that every time you make a purchase of an item you clicked through my website, I receive a percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you, but helps my blog! Thanks!
Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie with Macadamia Crust
- 1 1/2 cups ground macadamia nuts or macadamia flour*
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries 113 grams, 4 oz
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted whole macadamias
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract you could probably even use orange extract if you like it
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream cold
- 2 tablespoons any nut butter cashew, almond, even macadamia if you have it around
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup coconut cream cold
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium once it starts boiling. Keep stirring and regulating the heat not to let your jam burn. Add more liquid if necessary. Cook mixture on a gentle simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool down before using on the pie.
- Macadamia Crust
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until everything is incorporated.
- Press dough on the bottom, and up the sides of a pie plate or tart pan.
- Place it in the freezer while you make the filling.
Orange Cranberry Vegan Pie
- You will need to put the cashews to soak overnight. This process could be faster if you choose to soak the cashews in hot water for a couple of hours. The longer you soak the cashews, the creamier the results will be. So it’s very important to soak the raw cashews when making any type of “cashew-cakes”.
- Once you’ve soaked your cashews, drain them thoroughly.
- I use some paper towels to gently squeeze any extra water in the cashews.
- Place roasted macadamias and cashews in a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- Process for a few minutes, depending on how potent your processor is.
- I like my mixture to be really creamy. It might still be a bit grainy, but that’s ok. It will get really creamy as it rests in the freezer overnight or for a few hours.
- Pour orange filling onto the bottom of the pie plate. Spoon spoonfuls of jam over pie all over the top of the pie. Use a spatula or a knife to swirl it around. Use an offset spatula to smooth out the top after doing the swirling.
- Put it in the freezer overnight or at least for a few hours.
- Whip the cold coconut cream for a couple of minutes. Pipe on top of pie.
- To serve, make sure you let the pie sit outside of the freezer for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Pie will keep well in the freezer for up to one week.
*You will need about 2 1/2 cups of whole macadamias to process and obtain 1 1/2 cups of the ground macadamias. And this equals to 11.85 ounces, or 335 grams. In the whole recipe you will need the total of 14-16 oz of macadamias.