Today I made this Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl.
Let me tell you what happened! Yesterday I got 3 wisdom teeth out.
So, I am all about the smoothies at the moment. And ice cream!
Luckily, I have some of my Vanilla Bean ice cream from when I made these delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes earlier this week.
And I made some stovetop Mac and cheese for lunch. So let’s just say I’m eating pretty well.
This morning, I needed a delicious smoothie. So I made this Chocolate Cherry Smoothie.
Besides eating delicious food, I also enjoyed a very nice and relaxing walk down my favorite trail in the world with the fam.
I love running. It’s a habit I’ve recently restarted. And this trail is the reason why I feel in love with jogging years ago in the first place.
The Spring Run Trail is about 1 mile from our old house in Saratoga Springs. It’s beautiful! I’ve seen deer there twice! And other animals, too! They have a bunch of water around and the ground is perfect for jogging!
And this is my son Luke exploring. He is 2. Quite the explorer.
The fresh air felt so amazing! We had such a fun walk.
Do you have a favorite trail you like to run, or hike? Do tell! I love trails!
Anyway, right before our trail walk, I made these Chocolate Covered Cherries. And they went perfect on top of my Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl.
I used 70% dark chocolate for these Chocolate Covered Cherries. I use Scharffen Berger Baking Bar with a bit of coconut oil.
Dunk the cherries in the melted chocolate. Set them over parchment paper. Let them dry. Go for your walk down the trail.
Then you can come back and whip up this delicious smoothie!
When I made the chocolate covered cherries, I had some leftover chocolate. So I left it in a bowl.
Then, when I was ready to serve my smoothie, I gently re-melted the chocolate and drizzled it on top of the smoothie. It was a nice touch. I should have drizzled double the chocolate!! So good!!
This recipe makes for a large bowl. A 2 people kind of bowl, really! I shared mine with my son, Luke. He loves smoothies!
He loved eating the chocolate on the outside of the cherries too!
Anyway, I hope you liked my Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl!
Here are some more recipes that involve chocolate covered stuff!
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 10 cherries
- 70 grams dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 chopped frozen bananas frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen pears
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Let’s start by making our chocolate covered cherries.
- Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil by microwaving the chopped chocolate for 15 second intervals, and stirring in between, until the chocolate is entirely melted.
- Dunk about 2/3 of every cherry in the chocolate. Remove excess by letting it drip. Place on top of a baking tray. Let the chocolate set and dry.
- To make the smoothie, place your bananas and pears in the blender, together with the almond milk, and cherries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and see if you’d like to put sweetener in it.
- Top with chocolate covered cherries, cacao nibs. There’s gonna be a little leftover chocolate, you can drizzle that over the smoothie. If the chocolate has hardened since then, just slightly re-melt it before you drizzle it.