This Affogato Recipe post is #sponsored by Calphalon, so be ready for some coffee goodness! All opinions are my own! #EspressoWithCalphalon
Hello friends! Today I am going to show you how to make this Affogato Recipe! It’s a Brownie Affogato with homemade no-churn Brownie Ice Cream! Two scoops of Brownie Ice Cream, topped with a shot of espresso!
I got my Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine last week, and I have been drinking lattes everyday now, this is seriously heaven! This partnership with Calphalon is a dream come true to me!
I immediately fell in love with the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine, it was love at first sight, or at first sip!
In just a few minutes you can have a perfect shot of espresso (or two), since the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine has pre-programmed single and double shots. Not to mention the steam wand, which we will call magic steam wand, because it produces dry steam for a creamy froth, and the results are incredible!
My husband and I are having the most fun with this machine, making espresso drinks at home. Lattes are my favorite, we even steamed almond milk to creamy perfection with the steam wand! Now we are working on our latte art skills, youtubing all sorts of videos to learn how to make those lovely designs on top of the lattes. I don’t mind practicing (and drinking all the lattes in between)!
The Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine also has a warming tray on top, so you can leave your cup warming to have the perfect temperature, which I realize now makes a big difference when making the perfect latte.
My husband has a commercial espresso machine at his work, and he can’t stop talking about how the espresso made in our Calphalon Temp iQ is so much smoother. It really is like having cafe-quality coffee at home.
One thing I was really excited about my Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine was the ability to make Affogato at home! Yes, you can make affogato with regular coffee, but it’s NOT the same at all! A rich and velvety espresso shot makes all the difference!
We had fun over the weekend making this Affogato recipe! I made a No-churn Brownie Ice Cream, for which you can find the recipe below, and even a video showing you how to make no-churn ice cream with only 3 ingredients!
You can use store-bought ice cream to make this Affogato recipe, of course.
What is Affogato? How to make Affogato at home?
Affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert, that consists of 2 scoops of ice cream, drowned in a shot of hot espresso.
Affogato literally means drowned in Italian.
You can add toppings to your Affogato, or a shot of some liquor, if you wish. The toppings could be caramelized nuts, shaved chocolate, caramel sauce, whipped cream, or a brownie heart, like I did!
So, the answer to the question: What is Affogato? is very simple. Affogato is one of the easiest most delicious desserts you can think of!
We pretty much ate this whole batch of No-churn Brownie Ice Cream in Affogato form. It took lots and lots of espresso shots!
Scoop two scoops of your favorite ice cream in a glass.
Pour a hot shot of espresso from your Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine over the ice cream.
Watch the ice cream slowly drown and melt.
Top it with your favorite toppings, I made brownie hearts with the brownie batter from the No-Churn Ice Cream.
And enjoy! Finito!
I promise you this is the most excited I’ve ever been about a sponsored post in my food blogging career! Because I am so passionate about this Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine, and for how much it has made my day more pleasant, with cafe-quality espressos and lattes right in my house! It’s really incredible! And if you are a coffee lover, I am telling you, go check them out! They are sold at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Doesn’t it make you just want to reach for a spoon and start delighting yourself in that melty, creamy, delicious Affogato?
Have you every tried Affogato? I would love to know what toppings you would choose to put on your Affogato.
Thank you for reading my blog, and thank you Calphalon for sponsoring this post! I absolutely adore my Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine and I so proud and stoked to be making this post today!
scoops of ice cream
recipe below, or your favorite store-bought ice cream
- Place two scoops of ice cream in a cup, pour espresso shot on top. Serve. Top with more brownie crumbs, chopped nuts, shaved chocolate, or whatever else you desire.
No-churn Brownie Ice Cream
2.5 oz, 70 grams
or chopped chocolate (1.5 oz, 42.5 grams)
3.5 oz, 100 grams
1.5 oz, 42.5 grams
0.5 oz, 14.7 grams
fine sea salt
half of a shot, or sub 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
No-churn Ice Cream
can condensed milk
14 oz, 396 grams
- Line a 8×8” pan with parchment paper, or grease it with butter and flour it.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Fº.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and incorporated with the butter.
- Add sugar to the chocolate and butter mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and add to the batter.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour espresso in and whisk until combined.
- Pour on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool down all the way.
- I left my brownies on the counter overnight before mixing with the ice cream so they could harden up slightly, since I didn’t want the brownie pieces to dissolve as I stirred them in the ice cream.
No-churn Ice Cream
- Place a 9×5” loaf pan in the freezer.
- Whip heavy cream until it achieves stiff peaks. Whipping time will vary depending on the speed of your mixer. If you use a lower speed, whip for a few minutes. If using a high speed, you might need to whip for only a couple of minutes.
- Mix condensed milk with vanilla on a bowl.
- Add about 1 cup of the whipped heavy cream to the condensed milk and stir gently to combine.
- Now, pour the whole condensed milk/heavy cream mixture over whipped cream.
- Fold with a spatula gently until combined and smooth.
- Pour on the bottom of a 9×5” loaf pan.
- Place it in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove pan from the freezer after two hours, stir cut up pieces of brownie in the ice cream. Smooth the top and place the pan back in the freezer.
- Let it chill overnight.
- This no-churn ice cream will actually last for quite a bit in the freezer. Make sure to cover it nicely and store for up to 2 months.