Today I bring a very simple and delicious recipe for Vegan Brownies, topped with the most delicious vegan caramel sauce you will ever try in your life. And it’s easy to make too.
This Vegan Caramel Sauce was featured on my Fig and Pistachio Vegan Cheesecake recipe. And it was very well received by everyone. It’s insanely easy to make, and unbelievably delicious! You will be impressed, I guarantee.
You simply gather the ingredients in a pan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once the ingredients boil and melt together, you can pour your caramel.
The ingredients for this Vegan Caramel Sauce are:
- Coconut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Nut Butter (cashew my fave)
- vanilla extract
This is as easy as it gets, folks. Try it out!
So good! And word of advice, if you pour this caramel over a dish lined with parchment paper, and let it set in the fridge, it will set into vegan soft caramels, you can cut them up and enjoy this fudgy delicious vegan treat.
I should also mention this recipe for Vegan Brownies is paleo, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
At the same time that I am not a vegan blogger, I am a baking blogger, and also very very interested in vegan baking and its ingredients, as I find them absolutely delicious! I mean, this caramel sauce might as well replace my regular caramel sauce as far as I am concerned! Same thing I said about this vegan chocolate frosting right here, in my Vegan Cookie Dough Bars recipe.
I am obsessed with this new brownie pan I got from Nicole’s Kitchen, at AC Moore. It’s just like this one, since I can’t find a link to Nicole’s Kitchen amazing brownie pan. And I am not exaggerating when I say this pan, and this brand, is totally awesome. I always see this brand at AC Moore and I always want to get everything they have, from cute cake stands, to bakeware etc…
Anyway, either bake this in mini brownie pans, or in a 8×8″ cake pan.
These Vegan Brownies are delicious decadent treats!
If you like this recipe, you might want to check some more of my Vegan Sweets recipes.
Thank you so much for reading my blog and allowing me to share my passion in creating delicious treats!
Vegan Brownies with Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup almond flour 96 grams, 3.38 oz
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50 grams, 1.7 oz
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar 85 grams, 2.9 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chopped 127 grams, 4.5 oz
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or any nut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped or chocolate chips (85 grams, 3 oz)
- 1 cup chopped Brazil nuts or any nuts (optional)
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Start by mixing the flax seeds with the water. Set aside for 15 minutes for mixture to thicken.
- Now mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, espresso powder, and fine sea salt, in a bowl together. Use a whisk to help incorporate all the ingredients very well.
- In another bowl, add 3/4 cup chopped chocolate and coconut oil. Place on top of a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and incorporated with coconut oil. Add cashew butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over dry ingredients. Add flax seeds mixture to the bowl also.
- Mix with a spatula until incorporated. Add remaining 1/2 cup chopped chocolate and nuts. Mix until combined.
- If using a 8×8” cake pan, line it with parchment paper. I used a mini brownie pan, and my pan is awesome and doesn’t require to be greased. If you are using a silicon pan, you probably won’t need to grease that either.
- Pour batter over whatever chosen pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on what size pan you chose.
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Keep whisking mixture until smooth. Take it off the heat and let it cool down for just a few seconds. Then pour mixture. It will start to set pretty quickly, so you have to pour right after you turn the heat off. Otherwise, it will have more of a spreadable consistency.