Hello friends, today we are making this absolutely scrumptious Brownie Pie. This Brownie Pie is the ultimate comfort dessert. I love to serve it à la mode, a scoop of ice cream on top is the perfect way to enjoy a rich slice.
This post is sponsored by Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, all opinions are my own.
This Brownie Pie is so easy to make, with just a few ingredients and with only 10 minutes of prep time, you can put this pie in the oven, sit in the living room watching a movie if that’s your thing, waiting for your pie to bake.
You can make your own crust, or use store-bought to make things easier.
This Brownie Pie is made with Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, and if you have never made sweetened condensed milk brownies, you need to drop everything you are doing and go make them right now!
Sweetened condensed milk lends brownies an extremely rich and fudgy texture, you won’t be able to stop at one bite.
And also, notice the perfect crackling top on the Brownie Pie, that’s exactly what I am looking for when I make my brownies.
Let’s take a look at how to put this Brownie Pie together.
Mix butter and chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate, and melt them together in the microwave. It’s best to use good quality chocolate, or a chocolate that you actually like to eat. It’s also best to use dark or semi-sweet chocolate, so you don’t add to the sweetness of the batter, since it already contains sweetened condensed milk and sugar.
Add the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk to the melted butter and chocolate, and whisk to combine.
Then add the brown sugar and stir.
Add the eggs and yolk to the bowl along with the vanilla extract, mix the ingredients to incorporate.
Then, it’s time to add the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
It’s best to sift them before adding, specially because cocoa powder tends to clump up.
You can pre-sift the ingredients in a bowl, or just sift them right on top of the batter, so you don’t have to get yet another bowl dirty.
Whisk the ingredients until combined, and then add some more chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to the batter and stir until incorporated.
Pour the batter in the pie crust, and bake in the oven for about 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
After removing the pie from the oven, and while it’s still hot, sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired, this is purely for decoration purposes.
This delicious Brownie Pie can be kept at room temperature for one to two days, and then should be moved to the fridge to stay fresh for longer (considering you don’t devour it on the same day). I like to heat it up ever so slightly for 15 seconds or so in the microwave to serve with a scoop of ice cream.
The melty ice cream with the warm pie is definitely one of my favorite things to taste!
Here are some more pie recipes you might like:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
- Lemon Pie
- Eggnog Pie
- Passionfruit Pie
- Matcha Pie
- No-Bake Pistachio Pie
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you make this Brownie Pie tag me on instagram and leave a comment below, I love to hear from you and see your creations!
Thanks for reading!
- 9” or 9.5” pie pan
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter 76 grams
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (340 grams)
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 42 grams
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder 29 grams
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips 75 grams
- 1 pie crust
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Roll out the pie crust and press it down the bottom and up the sides of a 9 or 9.5” deep dish pie pan. If using a shallow pan, you will need to divide it between two pans, therefore you will need 2 crusts. Place it in the freezer while you make the brownie batter.
- Place the butter and 2 cups of chocolate chips in a large bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the butter and chocolate have completely melted together.
- Add the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk.
- Next, add the eggs, the yolk, and the vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the bowl and whisk with all the ingredients.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and stir with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the brownie batter on the bottom of the pie plate. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clear when inserted in the brownie.
- Remove the pie from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired, they will melt slightly and stick to the top of the pie, and make for a cute decoration.
- Let the pie cool down completely before serving.
- Store the pie on the counter for 1 day, but then place it in the fridge after that, so it stays fresh for longer. When you want to serve a slice, microwave it for 15 seconds or so, and add a scoop of ice cream to the top because it is so delicious that way.
- You can also serve the pie at room temperature, it is absolutely phenomenal.