These delicious Apple Blondies are buttery, gooey, and chewy, loaded with spiced apples and white chocolate chips. Top the blondies with a delicious Apple Cider Glaze and sprinkled cinnamon for an extra delicious touch.
I will show you how to make these delicious Apple Blondies, they will be the hit of Fall season!
If you like apple desserts, you will absolutely love these blondies.
Apple Blondies Recipe
The full ingredients list is on the bottom of this page.
Let’s start with the apples. To prepare the apples, simply peel and chop them. Place them in a bowl, add the spices to the apples and mix. Set aside.
To make the batter, melt the butter and beat with brown and granulated sugar.
Add the eggs and beat with the electric mixer for a few minutes. It’s important not to skip on this step, because when you beat the eggs with the sugar, that’s going to make the top of the blondies shiny and crinkly.
Add the vanilla and mix.
Follow by the flour, baking powder, salt, spices. Mix to combine. When the batter is almost entirely incorporated, add the prepared apples, and the white chocolate chips.
Fold the batter to combine. Add the apples and chocolate chips. Stir until the batter is incorporated.
Spread the batter on the bottom of the prepared 9×13″ pan. Use a spatula to make sure the batter is evenly distributed, and smooth on top.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35-45 minutes. On my countertop oven, the blondies baked in 35 minutes, because it’s a convection oven, but when I made them on my large conventional electric oven, they baked in 45 minutes.
Let the bars cool down before spreading the glaze on top.
Apple Cider Glaze
To make the glaze, whisk the sifted powdered sugar, and apple cider together. Only add 2 tablespoons of liquid first, and add one tablespoon at a time after that to adjust the consistency.
Instead of the apple cider, you can use apple juice, or even milk.
Drizzle the glaze on top of the bars, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Slice the bars and serve.
You can store the bars at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the fridge for up to 4 days. If storing the bars in the refrigerator, make sure to let them come to room temperature before serving.
You can serve these bars with vanilla ice cream on top, they will be so delicious!
They taste like apple pie, in blondie form. Such a perfect dessert to make during Fall season. The moist crumbs, the chewy texture, and the taste of these apple cinnamon blondies make them so delicious.
Here are some variations you can make with this Apple Blondie Recipe:
- Drizzle caramel sauce, or dulce de leche on top of the blondies instead of the Apple Cider Glaze.
- Use gold chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips, their taste will really compliment the apples.
- Make this recipe with pears instead. Yes, it will work wonderfully with pears, and it will taste amazing!
If you like this recipe, here are some more recipes you might enjoy:
- Apple Crumb Cake
- Apple Crisp Cupcakes
- Dulce de Leche Apple Cake
- Lemon Brownies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Almond Cherry Bars
- Lime Frosted Bars
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples 200 grams, about 2 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter 226 grams
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar 275 grams
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 290 grams
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar 187 grams
- 2 to 4 tbsp apple cider
- Cinnamon to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×13” cake pan with oil or butter. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel and chop the apples, then place them in a medium bowl. Add the cinnamon powder, and the nutmeg, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. With an electric mixer, which could be a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the eggs, beat for 4 minutes, until the mixture is super light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix on low with the mixer, until the dry ingredients are almost entirely incorporated.
- Add the prepared apples, and the white chocolate chips and mix with a spatula to combine, until a smooth and thick batter forms.
- The batter will be super thick.
- Spread the batter evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan. Use a spatula to smooth out the surface of the blondies batter.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, until golden on top, and set around the edges.
- A toothpick inserted into the batter should come out clean, if only with a couple of crumbs, as long as it’s not raw batter sticking to the toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool down for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Apple Cider Glaze
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl.
- Add the apple cider in. Whisk until a smooth and runny glaze has formed.
- If the glaze isn’t runny enough, add more apple cider just a little at a time.
- Instead of apple cider, you can also use simply milk, or apple juice instead.
- Drizzle the glaze over the blondies. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Slice and serve.
- Store the bars in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- They can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Wrap each bar nicely in plastic wrap, and place in an air tight container in the freezer. Let the bars thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- If serving the bars from the fridge, make sure they sit at room temperature to soften for about 30 minutes.