Hey baker friends! Do you love vegan desserts as much as I do? Well if you do, you’re at the right place, because this Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is what my dreams are made of!
This vegan dessert recipe is super easy, guys! Make the brownie, 10 minutes. Make the cheesecake, another 10. Clean up your mess, probably 10 more minutes.
The only 3 things that take time in making this Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake are:
1- Soaking the cashews before making the cheesecake batter
2- Letting the cake bake
3- Letting the cake cool down, and chill in the fridge for a few hours, or preferably overnight.
So, you don’t have a whole lot of hands on time, when making this beautiful vegan cheesecake.
And after seeing this texture, wouldn’t you say your wait will be well rewarded?
Well, I would say so.
This is my first vegan baked cheesecake recipe on the blog! And I am in love with the texture of vegan baked cheesecake.
I used dairy-free cream cheese and cashews as the base for the vegan baked cheesecake.
Anyway, let’s talk more about this Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
This vegan cheesecake is also gluten-free, refined sugar free, and can be made paleo easily by replacing the brownie layer with any paleo brownie recipe of your choice. Here I have some recipes that contain paleo brownie recipes you could substitute in this Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe.
- Vegan Hazelnut Brownies (leave hazelnuts out if preferred)
- Vegan Pecan Brownie Pie (same thing, leave the pecans out if preferred)
- Vegan Brownies
I baked this Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in a 8″ springform pan, my spring form pan is tall (3″). If your springform pan is shallow, use a 9″ springform pan. Regardless, the cake will work on a 9″ pan.
Brush the pan with melted coconut oil, or cooking spray. And use parchment paper to coat the sides of the pan, to help the cheesecake not stick.
Make sure to wait for the Vegan Brownie Chocolate chip Cheesecake cool down, and then leave it in the fridge for a few hours, preferably overnight before cutting and serving.
It will be worth the wait.
Want to check out some more vegan dessert recipes?
Come with me!
I have tones of vegan dessert recipes on my blog, just like this Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. And even better!
Here are some of my favorite Vegan desserts:
- Banana Cashew Bundt Cake with vegan caramel sauce
- Vegan Salted Caramel Macarons
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Cake
- Raspberry Vegan Bars
- Vegan Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
If you want to check out some more Vegan desserts with chocolate chips, here are some ideas:
And to end today’s suggestions, here are some more vegan cheesecake recipes:
- Almond Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake
- Beet Vegan Cheesecake
- Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
- Fig and Pistachio Vegan Cheesecake
- Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
I hope you liked today’s recipe for this delicious Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. I sure loved making it, and eating it! SO delicious!
This will be one of my favorites for sure! Can’t resist it!
I adore vegan desserts, and this one exceeded my expectations! It makes me so happy when I make a vegan dessert that I feel so proud of like this one!
Have a beautiful day, thanks for coming to my blog!!
Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 2 1/2
dairy-free chocolate chips
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
soaked and rinsed
vegan cream cheese
6 oz, 170 grams, softened
melted coconut oil
dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Coat the sides of a spring form pan (I used a 8” tall spring form pan, you might want to use a 9” pan if your 8” isn’t very high) with coconut oil, or any grease of your preference.
- Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper, to prevent sticking. Then coat the parchment paper very lightly with melted coconut oil.
- Mix coconut sugar, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk to break up any big lumps.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add chickpeas. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides, process for another 30 seconds.
- Add maple syrup, yogurt, nut butter to the food processor.
- Process all wet ingredients until creamy.
- Pour dry mixture over wet ingredients, mix with a spatula until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour batter on the bottom of spring form pan.
- Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Soak cashews in hot water for 1-2 hours, or in room temperature water overnight.
- Once cashews have soaked, drain them. Press them lightly with your hands to squeeze any excess water out.
- Place cashews in a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Scrape sides down. Blend for a few more seconds.
- Now add coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, cornstarch, maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon juice to the food processor.
- Process mixture for a few minutes, until very creamy and smooth. Scrape the food processor from time to time, to get everything blended nicely.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter and stir with a spatula gently.
- Pour cheesecake batter over brownie batter. Put some chocolate chips right on top.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes
- You may need to cover the cheesecake during the baking, if it’s browning too much on the outside and not cooking enough inside.
- You can tell by jiggling the cheesecake lightly.
- The cheesecake should jiggle like firm jello. If it seems too jiggly, or too liquidy, keep baking it, and checking every 5 minutes.
- Keep it covered with foil to prevent the top from browning too much, and drying.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down completely. Place it in the fridge overnight.
- This cheesecake will store very nicely in the fridge, and I believe it would freeze well too. It will last for up to 5 days in the fridge, and could be frozen for up to 1 month, if very well packaged.