Hello friends! Today’s post is sponsored by Florida Crystals®! And we are bringing you an easy, delicious breakfast recipe: Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars!
These Almond Butter Oat Bars are delicious, soft, chewy, super easy to make, and will become your new favorite!
These Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars are perfect for breakfast, snack time, to bring to a picnic, or even as a tasty and healthy dessert!
I used Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar to make them, which contributes to the chewy factor, provides nuttiness and a hearty layer of flavor to these amazing bars!
Have you ever tried baking with raw sugar? I specially love raw sugar for desserts like bars and cookies, because of how the sugar crystals affect the texture of the baked goods, lending them chewiness and a crisp factor at the same time.
Florida Crystals® is the only source for organic cane sugar that’s grown and harvested in the USA. I have been using their sugar for a long time, and their brown raw sugar is my favorite, which is what I used in this recipe.
Florida Crystals® are incredibly environmentally conscious, and are committed to a zero-waste process. Their story is pretty interesting, and you can read all about it here.
I am going to show you how incredibly easy these bars are to make!
First, you start by pre-heating the oven, and lining a 8×8″ pan with parchment paper.
Pro tip: I like putting two pieces of parchment crosswise in the bottom of the pan, with an overhang to the sides, to make it easy to remove the bars by pulling the paper up once the bars have cooled down after baking!
Before actually making the batter for the bars, you should make the flax eggs. We will need 2 flax eggs for this recipe, and making them is super easy. Simply mix the ground flax seeds with some water and set aside for a few minutes to let the seeds hydrate and thicken.
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter together
- Add the flax eggs and mix.
- Now add the sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add the milk. (I used almond, feel free to use your favorite)
- Pour the almond flour, baking powder, and salt in the bowl. If the almond flour is too lumpy, it’s best to sift it before adding it.
- Add the oats and vanilla in.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread on the bottom of the prepared pan and bake!
That’s it! How much easier could it be?
I also drizzled my Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars with melted chocolate and melted almond butter once they were cooled down. Oh and a sprinkle of coarse salt on top, of course, for a gentle salty and sweet contrast.
These bars will keep beautifully in the fridge for up to 4 days, they will remain soft and chewy.
These Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars are great to make ahead to bring to a picnic, or enjoy for breakfast the next day. They are going to be a crowd pleaser!
I can’t get enough of them! Which is crazy because I’ve made them 3 times in the past couple of days, trying to get the recipe just right! The first 2 tries weren’t disposable, they were pretty delicious and enjoyable, but I was looking for chewier, softer results, so I kept trying until I nailed it!
If you would like to see more recipes like these Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars, check out my Vegan Sweets section on the blog.
Or check these ones out:
- Vegan Hazelnut Brownies
- Vegan Banana Cake Bars
- Vegan Raspberry Bars
- Vegan Brownies with Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bars
- Vegan Apple Bars
And thank you to Florida Crystals® for sponsoring this post. Their Organic Raw Brown Sugar adds a hearty and nutty layer of flavor, and a chewy texture to these Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars, and you will love it!
Also check out their Organic Raw Cane Sugar.
Thanks for reading my blog! If you make this recipe make sure to tag me on instagram! Much love!
Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars
Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars
- 2 tbsp flax seeds 14 grams, 0.5 oz
- 4 tbsp water 60 ml
- 1/3 cup almond butter 80 grams, 2.82 oz
- 2 tbsp coconut oil 28 grams, 1 oz
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® brown sugar 96 grams, 3.3 oz
- 2 tbsp almond milk 30 ml
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour 120 grams, 4.23 oz
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats 90 grams, 3.17 oz
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF, line a 8×8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make the flax eggs: mix the flax seeds and water in a small bowl and set it aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile gather all the other ingredients.
- Place the almond butter and coconut oil in a large bowl, place it in the microwave for about 15 seconds, and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add the flax eggs to the bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Next, add the sugar to the mixture and mix.
- Add the milk. You can use any milk you’d like, I used almond.
- Next, add the almond flour along with the baking powder and sea salt to the bowl. If the almond flour is too lumpy, make sure to sift it or whisk it before adding it to the batter.
- Finally, add the oats and vanilla to the bowl, and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until it looks golden brown on top, and slightly darker around the edges. If you press it lightly with a finger on top, it should spring back. If it feels too soft, it needs more time to bake. Check again in a few minutes. Cover with foil if the edges are baking faster than the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Slice it into bars.
- You can enjoy these bars immediately, or they will store beautifully in the fridge for up to 4 days to be enjoyed later. I drizzled a bit of melted chocolate and melted almond butter on top of my bars. They will stay pretty soft and delicious.
Feel free to add any chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or chopped dried fruit to the batter. If you do that, add up to 1/3 cup of add-ins.