Vegan Apple Bars with Caramel Frosting.
One more Vegan dessert recipe for the books. You can find some more vegan desserts here.
With fall baking in mind, I also had vegan baking in mind. As I always do. Since I absolutely love to explore vegan baking more and more.
This recipe for my vegan Apple Bars also happens to be gluten-free and paleo.
And ALSO happens to be incredibly delicious!
I totally just ate a huge slice with a dollop of almond yogurt on top! Life is great, guys!
Did I mention these vegan bars have chocolate chips in the batter?
Yeah, so I added chocolate chips to the batter. As well as chopped apples.
I used brown rice flour in my vegan apple bars, but you can use another flour if you want to. I am thinking that almond flour, coconut flour, or a blend would work really well too.
Also, I used almond butter, which you can feel free to sub for any other nut butter.
Same with the almond milk and almond yogurt used in this recipe.
Now let’s talk about the Vegan Caramel Frosting on top!
Flavorwise, it was completely incredible! I was stopped on my tracks once I tasted how delicious the frosting turned out.
And so easy to make too! I am telling you, my vegan frostings might take the place of my regular frostings someday. Same thing with the frosting I used on my Vegan Cookie Dough Bars, which is a delicious vegan chocolate frosting that will amaze you too!
I am so excited to experiment with vegan frostings more and more.
Someone requested that I do a #cupcakemondays with a vegan/paleo cupcake. Since I take #cupcakemondays pretty seriously as you can see with all of my Cupcake recipes, I decided to take the challenge.
Actually, I tried to make vegan cupcakes happen a couple weeks ago, but my experiment failed. So I will have to keep trying! And this vegan Caramel Frosting really motivates me to keep searching.
Don’t these vegan bars look super decadent and amazing?
I hope you like today’s recipe for these delicious vegan Apple bars with vegan Caramel frosting!!
Have a blessed day. Thanks for taking the time to read!
If you like vegan recipes, check out my other vegan desserts: Vegan Cookie Sandwiches, Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake, Vegan Cookie Cups with Raspberry and Peaches, and the most popular on the blog, Vegan Peanut Butter Tarts.
Vegan Apple Bars with Caramel Frosting
- 1/2 cup almond butter 120 grams, 4.2 oz
- 1/4 cup coconut oil room temperature or melted (52 grams, 1.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar 85 grams, 3 oz
- 1/4 cup applesauce 60 grams, 2 oz
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup brown rice flour or any flour of preference (166 grams, 5.5 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped apples
- 3/4 cup pitted dates 90 grams, 3 oz, 6 dates
- 2 tablespoons almond milk yogurt or any dairy free yogurt
- 1 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon almond milk or more
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8” pan with parchment paper
- Mix flax seeds with water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Mix the almond butter and coconut oil in a bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add coconut sugar and whisk.
- Add apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Add flax seed and water mixture.
- Mix brown rice flour, baking soda, and cinnamon powder together. Add chocolate chips and chopped apples to the batter. Mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter onto prepared pan.
- Bake on pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, until the top looks set and a deep golden.
- If your dates are hard, make sure to soak them in water for a while before using.
- In a small blender, combine dates, almond milk yogurt, and almond butter. Basically everything but the milk.
- Blend for a bit. Add the tablespoon of milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Blend mixture for a couple of minutes until smooth, making sure to scrape the sides in between.
- If the mixture is still too thick, add just a bit more milk, as necessary.
- Simply spread the top of the apple bars with the caramel frosting before slicing. Decorate the top with sliced apples and chocolate chips.
- Keep them in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days.