Hello friends, today we are making this delicious and beautiful Sweetened Condensed Milk Cranberry Cheesecake! This is a very easy recipe to make and it will be an amazing addition to your holiday table, and the best part is that it doesn’t require any baking, so your oven can be free for all the other dishes you might be baking. Made with the best Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk.
This post is sponsored by Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, all opinions are my own.
Let me just start by saying that I’ve made two of these in the past week, and both got fully devoured! Absolutely delicious!
I always love having a cheesecake of some sort on my Thanksgiving line up. Last year, it was this Pecan Pie Cheesecake.
This year I decided to go with a no-bake cheesecake. And of course that for no-bake cheesecakes, sweetened condensed milk is a must. I chose the best as always Eagle Brand®.
To make this recipe you will have to start by making the Cranberry Sauce.
You can always use store-bought, but making it at home it’s very easy, it takes about 20 minutes.
Simply cook the fresh cranberries with sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. You can even add a bit of rosemary or a cinnamon stick to the pot while the cranberries cook to infuse them with the flavor.
While the cranberry sauce chills in the fridge for 1 hour, you can make the crust.
I used a simple graham cracker crust. The crust doesn’t necessarily have to be baked, but baking it will help the crust hold together when serving the cheesecake. The unbaked crust will be a bit crumbly.
Now to make the cheesecake batter. Remember this is a no-bake batter, so you won’t need the oven for it. Usually cheesecakes take quite a bit of time to bake, so this is perfect for the holiday time, when we are super busy in the kitchen, and using the oven for multiple things.
And you can make this up to 3 or 4 days ahead of time!
To make the Sweetened Condensed Milk Cranberry Cheesecake, start by hydrating and dissolving the unflavored gelatin.
- Add the gelatin to cold water, mix and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot water on top and stir to combine until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with a mixer for a few minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk to the bowl.
- Also add the lemon juice and the dissolved gelatin.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth. Scrape the bowl while mixing to make sure everything is getting nicely incorporated.
- Once the crust has cooled down (in case you’ve baked it) you can begin to assemble the cheesecake.
- Add half of the cheesecake batter to the bottom of the pan. And spoon 1/3 cup of the cranberry sauce on top. Use a knife to swirl the sauce around the batter.
- Add the other half of the cheesecake to the pan. Then spoon 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce on top, and swirl again with a knife.
- Tap the tray against the counter gently to help it smooth out, and to release any air bubbles. Then place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 6 hours before serving.
Tips on how to make Sweetened Condensed Milk Cranberry Cheesecake
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened, otherwise the batter might be clumply.
- Scrape the bowl a few times while making the batter, to make sure the cream cheese is getting whipped properly.
- If the gelatin gets hard while you whip the cream cheese, just put it in the microwave for 5 seconds or so until the gelatin dissolves again.
- The crust doesn’t have to be baked necessarily, but baking will prevent it from crumbling.
- Don’t skip the lemon juice, it helps the batter set, and also adds tanginess to the cheesecake.
- Make sure to strain the cranberry sauce to obtain a smooth sauce which will look better once you slice the cheesecake.
If you like this recipe, check out the following recipes as well:
- Eggnog Pie
- No-bake White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Funfetti Cheesecake
- No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
- Baklava Cheesecake
- No-bake Flan
- Pumpkin Flan
- Chocolate Flan
And here you can find the recipe for the Sugared Cranberries. They are super easy to make and will definitely make your pie so beautiful You can serve the sugared cranberries as garnish for drinks, and to top any other desserts. They will instantly add an elegant shimmer to your bakes.
Thank you for reading today’s post, if you make this recipe make sure to tag me on Instagram and leave a comment below!
Sweetened Condensed Milk Cranberry Cheesecake
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries 300 grams
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 150 grams
- 1/2 cup orange juice from 2 oranges
- 4 tbsp orange zest from 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 170 grams
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 25 grams
- 7 tbsp melted butter 98 grams
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin 7 grams
- 4 tbsp water divided
- 3 cups softened cream cheese 680 grams, or 3 blocks
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk 396 grams
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream 120 ml
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Start by making the cranberry sauce to give it a chance to cool down. Place the cranberries, the sugar, the orange juice, and the zest in a small saucepan. Cook the cranberries over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, until they have fallen apart and you’ve obtained a thick sauce.
- Strain the sauce using a fine mesh sieve. You can opt to use the sauce with the cranberry skins if you want, but I prefer without the skins.
- Make sure to press down on the cranberries to strain all the sauce out.
- Place the sauce in the fridge for 1 hour to cool down.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF.
- Make the crust by mixing the graham cracker (or digestive biscuit) crumbs, the sugar, and the melted butter. Press the crumble down on the bottom of a 9 or 8” springform pan.
- Bake the crust in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. You don’t necessarily have to bake the crust, but baking will help make the crust less crumbly once you serve the cheesecake. If you don’t bake the crust, simply insert the pan in the freezer while you make the cheesecake.
- If you baked the crust, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
- Place 2 tbsp of cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and mix.
- Let the gelatin sit for 5 minutes to hydrate.
- Pour 2 tbsp of hot water on top of the gelatin, and mix to dissolve the gelatin. It should have dissolved completely. Set it aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until fluffy and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the cream cheese is getting whipped properly.
- Add the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, the lemon juice, and the dissolved gelatin to the bowl. If the gelatin has hardened, insert it in the microwave just for 5 seconds to melt it again.
- Mix all the ingredients together until completely incorporated.
- Pour half of the cheesecake batter on the bottom of the pan with the cooled down crust.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the cranberry sauce over the cheesecake batter. Use a knife to swirl the sauce around.
- Pour the remaining cheesecake batter on top.
- Spoon another 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce over the cheesecake and swirl with a knife.
- Give the pan a gentle tap against the counter to smooth out the batter and to release any air bubbles as well.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, remove the cheesecake from the fridge, run a knife around the edges of the pan, and open the springform pan.
- Whip the cream with the mixer over medium high speed. Add the powdered sugar and continue to whip for a total of 2 minutes until it achieves stiff peaks.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake and top with sugared cranberries if desired. I also decorated mine with rosemary sprigs.