The most refreshing summer drink! Blackberry Mojito!
This is a very easy recipe. Just start mixing some ingredients together, and bam! 10 minutes later, you’re in summer paradise.
This Blackberry Mojito is such an easy drink to make.
You can take two approaches.
Use a muddler (I really love this bamboo one) to crush the berries with some lime juice, and mint leaves.
After that, you can either strain the mixture, or simply pour as it is in the cups and top off with the rum, and seltzer water.
I chose to strain mine, and I ended up adding some more fresh berries and sliced mint to the glass.
This recipe makes for 2 12 ounce drinks, or one large 24 oz one.
I figured I’d get some more cocktail recipes in my blog. Actually, I haven’t been drinking much lately, because I have been working so much. However, it was very nice to take a break and kick back with this drink at least for once!
I used simple syrup to sweeten my drink. Go ahead and use honey, agave, or even just sugar if you would like.
Making simple syrup is, as the name entails, simple!
Mix equal amounts of sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, just until the sugar has melted. Turn off the heat.
Let mixture cool down.
You can store the simple syrup in the fridge indefinitely pretty much.
I always have some in my fridge. You can use it to sweeten iced beverages, like iced coffee, or cocktails. I use simple syrup the most probably to decorate my cakes. Every time I am decorating a cake, I brush simple syrup on the cake layers, to make the cake very moist and delicious!
What do you think about my Blackberry Mojito? Have you ever tried any flavored mojitos? Any suggestions for future cocktails?
Have a good one, guys! Thanks for stopping by! Drink something refreshing today!!
Check out some other recipes!
This page contains affiliate links, which means every time you make a purchase of an item advertised here, Amazon will pay me a small commission, at no added costs to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice 3-4 limes
- 1 cup blackberries
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 4 oz white rum
- 1 cup club soda
- More blackberries lime wedges, and mint leaves to garnish
- In a bowl, place 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, 1 cup of blackberries, 6 mint leaves.
- Use a muddler to crush the berries, juice, and mint leaves together.
- Strain mixture through a sieve. Squeeze the pulp so all the juice will be strained.
- I kept squeezing mine for a couple minutes, until I got all the juice out of it.
- You can use the pulp in your drink if you want to. That’s up to you.
- This mixture will make two 12 oz drinks, or a large one, like mine.
- Fill cup with ice.
- Pour 1 oz of simple syrup in each cup, if making two drinks. Or pour 2 ounces in one cup, if making a large one.
- Pour lime-blackberry mixture over simple syrup.
- Top with rum. If making 2 drinks, do 2 ounces of rum per drink.
- Finally, finish with the club soda.
- Garnish with more blackberries, lime wedges, and mint leaves. Serve!