Hello friends! Today we are making these amazing Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls, which are kind of like Churros Truffles, because they are coated in a delicious cinnamon sugar mixture. They are gluten-free, refined sugar free, paleo, made with only 5 ingredients.
To make these Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls, you’ll need only a handful of ingredients, and a food processor. I used my NutraMilk, but any food processor will do.
The best part about these Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls is how easy they are to make. You’ll only need about 15 minutes of prep time.
These truffles will keep in the fridge for a few days, so they are perfect to make while you are meal prepping, and just leave them as a dessert or snack option.
I haze drizzled some melted almond butter on top of my Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls, for an extra touch of deliciousness. You can also drizzle them with chocolate, or leave them plain.
And speaking of chocolate, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to coat these truffles in melted chocolate either.
I have coated some of my Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls in a mixture of coconut sugar and cinnamon, and some in a mixture of regular raw sugar and cinnamon. And I kinda preferred the taste of the coconut sugar cinnamon ones, because the coconut sugar provides a deep and nutty taste to the bliss balls.
But have in mind that if you coat the truffles in raw granulated sugar, they won’t be paleo anymore. So if you want to stick paleo and refined sugar free, use the coconut sugar.
When making these Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls, I’ve used dates. Because my dates were hard and dry, I soaked them in warm water for about 1 hour before using them.
You can also try using dried apricots, they should work well in this recipe.
And about the nuts, I’ve used almonds, but feel free to sub for other nuts such as cashews, pistachios. If you use nuts with a higher fat content such as macadamias, you may need to adjust the amount of coconut oil, and add a bit less of it.
If you like these vegan bliss balls, you may also like these other recipes:
- Vegan Skillet Brownie (also paleo)
- Vegan Peanut Butter Truffles (also refined sugar free, gluten free)
- Vegan Almond Tahini Truffles (paleo)
- Vegan Brigadeiros (paleo)
- Vegan Pecan Cookies
- Vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars
And you can check a full list of my vegan desserts here. Many of them are also gluten-free and refined sugar free!
If you make these Churro Bliss Balls, make sure to tag me on instagram, I’d love to see your creations! Thanks for reading my blog! Have a lovely day!
Vegan Caramel Bliss Balls
- Food processor
- Small bowl
- 1 cup dates (about 180 grams, 6.35 oz)
- 3/4 cup almonds (140 grams, 4.9 oz)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in the a food processor.
- Process for a few minutes until smooth, you may need to stop and scrape the bowl of the food processor once or twice.
- Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into balls, and coat in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Store the truffles in the fridge and enjoy! Drizzle with melted almond butter if desired. These truffles taste like caramel! So delicious!
- The truffles will last for up to 4 or 5 days in the fridge.