Hello friends! Today I bring this recipe for Healthy Honey Cookies! These are paleo honey cookies, soft and chewy, topped with a delicious cream frosting! Also make sure to watch the video with the recipe included.
That is the best texture I ever look for in a cookie! Are you team chewy or team crispy cookies? I am team chewy always and forever!
Gimme all the soft cookies!
These Healthy Honey Cookies check all the boxes! Plus it’s awesome the fact that they are refined sugar free cookies, purely sweetened with honey!
Another great thing about these Healthy Honey Cookies? They are super EASY to make! And not only easy, but quick too!
It takes about 10 minutes to make the cookie dough (washing dishes included 😅), then 30 minutes chilling in the fridge (enough time to get a cup of coffee or do a meditation 🧘♀️), after chilling, it takes about 10 more minutes baking! After baking, you can make the cream frosting for the top in about 5 minutes. So, in less than one hour you can have these cookies, and the best part is that most of this time will be hands off.
Making the dough is the easiest thing ever!
Let’s start with the ingredients! You only need 9 ingredients.
Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl: almond butter (or any other nut butter, vanilla, honey, egg, and coconut oil. Then add dry ingredients in: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
After the cookies are done baking, let them cool down before putting the frosting on top.
The honey cream frosting is really easy to make. Just mix some coconut cream with a bit of honey. Make sure to place the coconut cream can in the fridge the night before, I always just keep my coconut cream cans in the fridge anyway, as soon as I get back from the store I put them in the fridge.
Remove the coconut cream from the fridge and flip the can over, open the can and drain the water. The water will have concentrated on the bottom of the can, and the cream will have floated and concentrated at the top. So, if you flip the can over you can easily drain the water and just be able to use the cream. Use the drained water to make smoothies, makes them delicious!
These were seriously delicious! I ate the whole batch! These Healthy Honey Cookies were amazing! It took me 3 tries to get the recipe right. On the first recipe, I tried to make it without the egg, it didn’t go so well, the cookies looked like a sad tiny pale tough dinner roll. The second batch was way better because I added the egg. And on the third batch I decided to add a bit more coconut flour.
If you like these Healthy Honey Cookies, here are some more recipes you may like:
Thank you so much for reading my blog! If you make this recipe please tag me on instagram, I love to see all your creations!
Have a great day!
Healthy Honey Cookies
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Coconut whipped cream
- 1/3 cup coconut cream chilled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Bee pollen to top
Mix honey, almond butter, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. If the almond flour is very lumpy you might want to sift it before adding it.
- Mix with a spatula until incorporated and form a dough.
- Place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes until it hardens up a bit.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Scoop cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove and let it cool.
Coconut whipped cream
- Place the coconut cream can in the fridge overnight. Flip the can and open with a can opener, that’s because the water and the coconut cream will have separated and the water will be on the bottom of the can. Drain the water, you can reserve it and use it for smoothies.
- Place 1/3 cup of coconut cream in a bowl, add the honey. Stir with a spoon or with a small whisk briefly to combine.
- Frost cookies.
- Keep cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days, covered.